Tip of the Month- February
Start thinking about getting your Bottom Paint repainted.
- Benefit- protects your hull from bacteria and fouling
- Keeps the sludge off bottom resulting in faster boat with less drag and more fuel efficient.
- Types of bottom paint
- Hard- doesn’t wear off easily and last longer. Good for fast boats
- Ablative- wears off and releases fresh layer of biocide. Doesn’t last as long but always has a fresh layer of bottom paint.
- Figuring out what is best for you is up to preference.
- If you like to go fast, Hard is recommended. You can’t uses Ablative for fast boats, because it will take all the paint off faster.
- If you want your boat to consistently prevent buildup and fight bacteria, Ablative is recommended because it will always reveal a fresh layer of biocides and wont ever build up.
- There isn’t a right or wrong paint, each one has pros and cons. It just depends on your preference.