Tip of the month- March
March is here…time for beer on your boat!
Applying a coat of wax a couple times a year will prevent your boat from oxidation. This boat to the right is Oxidized and has no shine or reflection in the glass. You don’t want a boat like this!
Benefits for Waxing
- Waxing your boat will make it easier to clean
- Waxing will make your boat shine
- Wax will prevent oxidation
- A regular wax is less expensive than a compound job
- It will keep the value of your boat higher
- It will give you something to show off and be proud of!
Keep your boat in show room condition…wax often!
- To keep a boat in show-room condition your boat needs 2 coats of wax throughout the year to keep the shine you can brag about.
- Darker colored hulls tend to need much more attention then a white fiberglass hull. Dark hulls could need anywhere from 2-4 coats of wax a year in order to keep them in good condition.
- The amount of wax you should apply depends on the usage and how much sunlight reflects off the boat.
How can you tell if your hull needs wax?
- When washing your boat, check to see if the water is “running” or “beading” off the fiberglass. No beads = wax ASAP!
- On a sunny day if the sun is not clear in the fiberglass your boat needs a wax.
- If your wife can’t do her make-up while looking into the fiberglass your boat needs a wax.
Remember! Wax your boat at least 2 times a year!
Wax…Shine…Enjoy the good time!